- The Scandal of Voter Suppression February 29, 2016 - Ostensibly, universal voting is the ideal of a free and democratic republic; however, barriers have been placed between many citizens and the ballot box ever since the creation of the United States. M
- Statecraft vs. Politics As Usual February 17, 2016 - As Americans are once again suffering through a barrage of nonstop negative political advertising during yet another "hold your nose and vote" election cycle, they yearn, desperately, for things to be
- A Nurturing Society vs. Socialism December 15, 2015 - If the title of this article began with "socialism," many readers would click past without reading it—even though a majority of Americans want a government that nurtures their families and society.
- The Pornography of Hatred October 8, 2015 - There is danger in the pandering of hatred that goes beyond the freedom of expression. Is there a right to profit from supplying the seeds of destruction to those who have the need to blame others for t
- Preventing Gun Violence August 24, 2015 - I received my first gun when I was eight years old, and carried guns for many years during a 45-year career in the justice system. As a police officer, three of my friends were murdered in the line of d
- Taxation Without Representation—Déjà vu June 7, 2015 - The Supreme Court's acceptance of a case about the allocation of voting districts will have consequences far beyond the millions of U.S. taxpayers its ruling may deprive of representation. A decision that
- The Power and Symbolism of Voting May 7, 2015 - What does the Boston Tea Party and Gandhi's Salt March have to do with voting in the United States today? These were symbolic political acts that were effectively used to demonstrate against and defeat the
- Marijuana: Legalize–Don’t Advertise March 11, 2015 The War on Drugs has proven to be a monstrous mistake resulting in the waste of a trillion dollars and the shameful criminal conviction and incarceration of thousands of Americans. While the end to
- Peers for Peace: Professional Policing in a Free Society Los Angeles Daily Journal - February 5, 2015 Why are police officers shooting so many people? Are they out of control? Why do they look like soldiers? As a young Los Angeles Police Department officer in 1968, I coul
- Committees of Correspondence: To Defend Freedom and Secure Good Government Information Clearing House - November 12, 2013 ~ Two hundred and fifty years ago the people of America were subject to an unrepresentative government controlled by powerful commercial interests. They rebelled and f
More than 6,600 visitors have registered since this personal website came online in September 2010.
I would be greatly honored if you would take a moment to sign the guestbook of this new edition. (Click on Image)
My political websites are the United States Voters' Rights Amendment (www.usvra.us) and the Youth for the Voters' Rights Amendment (www.y4vra.org). My publishing website is www.mindkind.info.